Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Two posts, one day: my book is on Amazon! (pre-order)

I didn't even realize this when I posted an hour or so ago, but my book of short stories is now available for pre-order on Amazon. Here ya go:

Me reading...me...beneath a tree on a summer day

I got my preview copies a few days ago, and I gotta say, even though I was really over the whole experience of having a book published and thought it was lame to get emotional about it, I got kind of emotional. My stories seem so much more grown-up in a book than on my hard drive next to my son's plagiarized homework.

Word to the wise, if you're thinking of ordering it to be nice to me or whatever: there will be an e-book version, so you can save yourself $8 or something by waiting for that to come out. Not sure I'd pay $17 for a paperback. But then, I don't love anyone like you all love me, right?

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations - the first of many congratulations to come, some for this book (like on official release day), and for all the future books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks, Karen. But let's not get ahead of ourselves on the certainty of future success. I still am ready to quit at least twice a month. It was nice to hold a book I made, though.

      Delete
  2. Last time I checked, an ebook version cannot by inscribed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. But if you split the eight bucks you saved by getting the e-book with me, I'll gladly sign something else for you.

      Delete
  3. I read that Post and got it fine and informative.
    Amazon

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I like to know people are reading and thinking.