Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Just arrived review of my book

All the advice I got when my book came out last year told me that if my book didn't make a big splash in the first 45 days of being on the market, it would never move. But mine has actually done much better after the first few months. Here's a review from local writer Jenny Yacovissi that just arrived. She's actually part of the Washington Independent Review of Books that also reviewed Don't Wait to Be Called last year. She invited me to be part of a panel in May of new authors, and she read my book to prepare for her role as moderator of that discussion.


I'm especially gratified that she saw the end of "Dawn Doesn't Disappoint" as a false epiphany. It was the first time I'd ever written one of those, and I was afraid I didn't leave the reader enough hints to piece together what happened. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I like to know people are reading and thinking.