Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Thanks to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute students at UC Davis for making Workshop Heretic part of your class

I got a great note today from a student at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC Davis. The student was part of a class of ordinary people from all walks of life who spent eight weeks studying Best American Short Stories. They made use of my humble little blog (and also Karen Carlson's blog) while discussing the stories.

I'm tickled to death to hear this. My ideal readers are not literary professionals; they're ordinary people looking to make serious reading part of their lives, and this group is exactly that. I understand tomorrow is the class's last day, so thanks to all, and I hope everyone enjoyed the reading.

2 comments:

  1. This is so great! You may sometimes feel like you're writing into the void, but someone's always listening after all. Maybe they'll do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I like to know people are reading and thinking.