Monday, January 8, 2018

First published story of 2018 out now and a quick movie review

This is my first published story of the year and also my first published story since the book came out last year. It's on Drunk Monkeys, which is a fun e-zine. I particularly like their 100-word movie reviews.

This is the story that came to me as I was driving to a friend's on a Friday night. I got up early on Saturday morning and wrote it. I edited it on Sunday and submitted it. On Tuesday, Drunk Monkeys told me they wanted to publish it. Meanwhile, I've got stories that took me months to write that I've been trying to publish for over a year. Writing is a funny business.

The link to the story is here:


In the spirit of the site's 100-word movie reviews, I hereby offer my own:


Thor: Ragnarok--a touching allegory about dealing with erectile dysfunction


Ragnarok begins with Thor crushing stuff like an awesome bro, but then this ball-busting woman comes along and breaks his hammer. He can't nail stuff anymore. He ends up in an abusive relationship with a woman who controls him. By luck, though, he reconnects with an old bro, and they smash stuff together and that helps Thor find his old masculine mojo again. He shaves his head and gets ripped. In the end, he finds out it wasn't his hammer that made him a man, and he bangs everyone with thunder while he rocks out to Zeppelin.

2 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment. I like to know people are reading and thinking.